How to Help
Happy Hearts is a 501C(3) non-profit corporation. All donations are tax deductable. Donations valued over $500 will recieve a receipt for tax purposes.
Vehicles – we will pick up
Happy Hearts Animal Rescue
PO Box 301
Fenton, MO 63026
Kennels/Igloo, Dog Houses
Cat Litter (scoopable)
The BFF (Best Friends Fence) Program
Fencing is needed at our new facility to keep our rescues safe while they run, play and enjoy their spacious surroundings. With the help of volunteers, we are installing the fence ourselves to save money. For a small donation you can be a BFF to the Happy Hearts dogs.
- $10 provides one fence post
- $30 provides the fencing for one section of fence
- $50 provides one complete ten foot section of fence. This donation includes an engraved plate attached to the sponsored section of fence.
Each sponsored fence section includes an engraved plate of your choice, so you can sponsor a section for every person, dog, cat or other pet you would like remembered. We are also installing a walking path around the inside perimeter of the property. Volunteers, visitors or anyone walking the path will be able to see the names of our BFFs or the names of their loved ones.
On behalf of the Happy Hearts rescue dogs, we thank you in advance for becoming a BFF. Please click here to print out an order form or use online donation button to become our BFF today!
Ways to Volunteer: We are always looking for volunteers. Here are just a few of the ways you can volunteer.
- Socializing with the dogs. The only drawback to the new facility is that the animals do not see as many different people as they used to. A few of the dogs have become more shy around strangers and need to be socialized to make them more adoptable.
- Spending time with the cats. Everyone wants a kitten, so when a cat comes into a shelter it is usually long-term. We have some of the most affectioate cats and they just want some well deserved attention.
- Fundraising events. We are starting to plan more fund raising events and we don’t want to impose on the wonderful volunteers that are already there every time we need them. Having more volunteers allows other volunteers the opportunity to participate in some of the events.
- Never a shortage of work to be done around the shelter. If you don’t mind getting your hands dirty, we can always use help cleaning, cutting grass, trimming, etc.
- Services we need:
- Grant writer
- Graphic designer
- Fill dirt
- Tree trimming
- Road rock
- Heating and cooling
- Helping with transports. Many times we need drivers willing to help pick up or take dogs from or to surrounding states.
Each time you shop at Schnucks and present the card, Happy Hearts will receive a percentage of your purchase amount and it doesn’t cost you anything. At the price of groceries, this can add up and help a lot of animals.
Cards are available at any Schnucks store or contact Happy Hearts Animal Rescue.
THANK YOU to everyone using the Schucks eScrip Cards to support Happy Hearts. We receive approximately $400 per year from the program. That is equal to 16 bags of dog food and we truly appreciate the help.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to your favorite charitable organization. You can choose from nearly one million organizations to support.